Please send submissions with the subject "Submission - Quarterly" to firstname.lastname@example.org before the current deadline. We are currently accepting written and imagery submissions for:
- The Warrior Issue: Warrior variations (you guessed it!) // Tapas (philosophy) // Activism (lifestyle)
- Current deadline: November 15, 2015
Before submitting, we recommend checking out our previous issues for the kinds of articles and aesthetic we're into. Each issue is defined by a specific theme that translates physically, spiritually, and in lifestyle. We ask that essays or written submissions be a fully formed article, about 1000-1500 words (or longer, if you prefer). Poetry, of course, is not subject to length requirements! To submit photo essays and art, send us your web-resolution images in your e-mail or in a PDF. You can interpret the theme as you wish, just let us know how you define the theme.
A FEW ESSENTIAL NOTES:
- All submissions must be unpublished. Exclusivity is an absolute for us--there are so many yoga magazines and blogs and websites out there, so we want to keep things fresh!
- In photo essays or art, there must be at least five images. For an initial submission, web-resolution images measuring 1000px on the long edge are all that's needed; once we notify you of your acceptance into a quarterly, we'll need larger images via WeTransfer or Dropbox.
- We want to be able to protect our photographers and artists and give them a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of submitting work. So, when any work is accepted to be featured in our quarterly, a ‘rights to use’ contract will be signed by Jill Futter and the photographer/artist.
- The copyright of any work we feature will always remain with the contributor.
- We will accept or decline submissions as they come in. We try our very best to reply to everyone, but it can be difficult to do so. If your work is accepted, you'll be sure to hear from us within two weeks.
- The Inside Issue: submissions TBD
- The Focus Issue: submissions TBD